On the 8th of April 2014 something very special was born. What started as a quaint thought, has become what we now proudly call, The Kindness Effect. I can still remember my very first meeting with our documentary director, Stephanie, whose resounding words still resonate in my ears: “If you believe in this enough, we can make something of it”. And make something of it, we have! Our journey has began and we can’t wait to see what the future holds.
As we come to the end of what can only be described as a magical year of beginnings, I would like to take a moment to express a very sincere and deep appreciation for all the support and encouragement that our team has received over the last 9 months. We have been lucky enough to have met many amazing people throughout our journey who have truly inspired us, given us honest advice, kind encouragement and bountiful support. We have been overwhelmed by everyones kindness and genuine desire to support our movement.
Our achievements and successes could not have been possible without the help and support of many special people. As a team we would like to express our gratitude to all those who have helped us throughout our 9 month journey.
We are very proud of what we have achieved in our first year. Some of the highlights of 2014 include:
- Our first successful workshop
- A choreographed and coordinated Flash Mob Dance in Federation Square
- Numerous Social Experiments
- Handing out of free coffee and flowers
- $1,200 raised for STREAT and participation in their Sleep Out in Melbourne
- Meeting Tim Costello, CEO of World Vision
- Starting our documentary, and in the process interviewing amazing individuals and organisations
- Volunteering in Bali with the Bali Animal Welfare Association
- Being selected by NAB as part of the Community Days Project and working with them to develop our business model and become a Non-for-Profit organisation
- Making connections with amazing people, like-minded individuals and organisations whose values and beliefs mirror our own
With the New Year fast approaching, we can’t wait to kick more goals, meet more inspiring people and continue to impact the lives of those we encounter in 2015!
Have a wonderful Christmas, a safe New Year, and remember to always show kindness and compassion to those who cross your path.
Kate & the team